Monday, 15 June 2015

Merhaba, G'day.

Hey,

Letters are tough and your postcards make me laugh. Welcome to my letters to you. A few weeks after you left I realised that there was something in our bond that I wasn't nourishing while you were here. That's always the way, you don't know what you have until it's gone and then you eat your heart out and wait in vain until the ball drops and at the end of the day you say that's how the cookie crumbles. 
Back off to those, I'm going to start loving you again here. 

You left in March and I started to realise that I had many things that I always wanted to be sharing with you. I need you over here. They're all a little loopy and no one wants to dance :( - Don't come back, keep doing it. 

Your postcard made me as happy as the one from Berlin that is still tacked to my wall. Your new do is treating you well and your return address is something that I don't quite know how to write down to make sure that a letter would get to you. The contents of moments in my life are thus documented below.

What's gone on since March? 

- I've realised that I have a lot in terms of relationship riches, but in some cases, you are all I have.

- More and more I am thrusting myself into situations and experiences that are outside of the comfort zone you have been coaching me out of for years and thank you thank you.

- My dogs are really good people.

- I jumped in a tank with some sharks and I think I really like to do things like that.

- I am good at writing characters but I am not good at writing what they do.

- I'm sort of becoming a teacher and enjoying the interactions that I get to have with younger humans that are constantly trying to appropriate themselves. They say really good value things. 

- I've lost someone really close to me and have been wading through a pool of others who have always created a current, but never crashed me down to the sand like a heavy wave. This isn't a good happening, but it is still happening. 

I've also listened to this recording a few times and really enjoyed it. James Baldwin on the Artist's struggle for integrity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-IyamaAbxM 
Only the poet's know us. 

I look forward to more spurts of colour that flood the Instagram feeds that you and Soph put out for us people in the blackest city Melbourne. I look forward to more of you and more thoughts for you that will be less frantic the next time around. I'll check back soon when I know more of who I'd like to be. 

Sending love and vibes,
Sarah xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment